One of the may questions I am often asked when meeting with a new potential client is to talk about times when I have had to go above and beyond “the call of duty” (for lack of a better word) to ensure the wedding day runs smoothly. Or to discuss issues that arose at a wedding I coordinated.
Now, no 2 weddings are the same and I do everything within my power to ensure the Bride and Groom never know of any mishaps on their day. I pride myself in being discreet, honest and of course resourceful. Now that wedding season is just around the corner I thought I would share some fun things I’m encountered and done for my couples.
- I once had to create (that’s right, hand make) bouquets and bouts for a wedding party, the morning of the wedding with the help of my lovely assistant and the Brides creative father.
- Label and assemble wedding favors
- Reattach a brides false lashes when the humidity was high and the glue would not stick
- Assemble centerpieces
- Create a toss bouquet from table arrangements
- Work with the DJ to keep the reception going when a bride fell ill right after dinner
- Set out and 250 wedding favors on a table, and move the table to the dance floor for a presentation line
- Fix up 250 chair covers and sashes after a ceremony
- Align 200+ chairs for a ceremony
- Buy scoops for the candy buffet before the reception
- Help guests find their place cards
- Be the “DJ” for a couples ceremony music
- Reconfigure chairs when chair covers were dirty and damaged so the Bride and Groom wouldn’t notice
- Ask guests to hold a tarp over a guitarist so his equipment didn’t get wet at the outdoor ceremony
- Stock fridges and ice buckets when the bartenders were too swamped
- Hung table cloths behind the head table to cover a large steel door
- Fix countless bustles that broke before the reception
- Used a bedsheet to cover the license signing table
- Had my assistant run out to buy more mix for a tented wedding
There is so much I have done – and would do again in a heartbeat. Weddings are my passion and I make sure my clients day is as perfect as can be!