There is nothing more special than having little children participate in your wedding. They truly make for some adorable memories and photos.
If you are planning on asking a young niece, nephew or even a friends child to carry your rings down the aisle, or walk ahead of you with flowers, here’s a few tips we have to make their experience memorable and positive:
- Have their parents sit near the front of the ceremony to coax them down the aisle
- Having the children’s parents in the front row allows the kids to be able to sit with their Mom or Dad when they get tired or restless standing with the
- Have the ring bearer and flower girl walk together if they already know each other and are comfortable together
- Have a member of the bridal party walk with the little ones. It makes for great photos.
- Entice them with candy at the end of the aisle (of course ask Mom and Dad first.
- Be prepared to deal with some emotional or uncooperative young’ns. With all the excitement and nerves it can sometimes be to much for them.
- Be sure to include them in as much of the preparation as possible. Have them attend the rehearsal to see how they do with walking and taking direction.