I know it’s been a while since my last post, but with Christmas festivities, and New Years celebrations… life has been a little hectic! But, I can’t complain. I got to spend some great quality time with family and friends which is what counts!
This weekend the Wonderful Wedding Show will be taking place at the Winnipeg Convention Centre for 2 days! It has been put on every year, and it is always a blast! I am not participating as a vendor this year, but I hope to in the future. I am attending to see the latest trends, and to see what is new in the industry! I’ve compiled a list of tips and hints to ensure you have fun when you attend larger scaled shows (when it’s 2 floors of vendors, include a fashion show and showcases over 300 vendors, you know it will be great).
I apologize for the lack of photos in this posting… I just have so many tips to share!
- Wear good walking shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking. Trust me!
- Bring water! Plan on attending the show for a minimum of 3 hours. There will be a lot of people, and a lot to see!
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing! (See #8 below)
- Bring good company! Attend with your maid of honor, your mom, or your closest friends! Don’t be offended if your groom to be isn’t interested in attending with you. It can be quite overwhelming. Luckily there is a “groom’s lounge” for the grooms who do attend!
- Don’t be discouraged if you don’t book anything at the show. There will be so many things to look at, you won’t be able to make a decision on the spot. Most vendors offer discounts and deals for a week or two after the show too
- Take pamphlets! Grab as much info as you can. Often there is more info on the booth tables then then they can tell you.
- If you really like a vendor, crumple up their card/pamphlet/brochure. You won’t remember every one when you get home and go over all your info! If some one made an impact on you, or you like their prices or services, then you want to remember them!
- Attend the fashion show if there is one. You can see the latest trends, colors and styles.
- Try on gowns if there is a bridal salon set up. You may not find your dream gown… but you can try on a few styles. There is usually a discount on the gowns purchased at the show which is a bonus! But, again don’t be discouraged if you don’t find “the one”.
- Print your name, your Groom’s name, email address, and wedding date (if you have one) onto address labels. There will be a lot of draws to enter, and it will save you time from writing everything down.
- Set up a “wedding” email address for wedding info only. The vendors will be contacting you. So, to avoid having your inbox bombarded have a separate account. You can close it down after your wedding
- Have fun! Check out the latest trends, new ideas… meet vendors! This will be a great opportunity to check out the works of many different vendors in 1 room!
Check back over the next few weeks to hear my take on the show and the latest!