As you follow my blog, and perhaps check out my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/LikeAStarWeddings) you may have noticed the 5 letters behind my name. They are to signify that I am certified through the Wedding Planners Institute of Canada. I took and passed a 20 hour in class course.
What sets us certified planners away from the “other guys” is that we adhere to a Code of Ethics. I was also taught how to organize a rehearsal, how to plan weddings effectively while keeping the Bride and Groom stress free, proper invitation etiquette and so much more!
- We do not accept kickbacks (money for referrals) from vendors. Vendors just know that the clients are the recipients of any discounts given.
- We treat each client fairly, and we will be honest and upfront in the representation of our clients.
- We uphold our ethics. We will not take or attempt to take clients from, or discredit, other vendors with gossip or slander.
- Every client will receive a detailed contract for Wedding Day-of or Full Wedding Coordination services.
- We will make every effort to return calls and emails in a timely manner. (Within 48 hrs.)
- We believe in continuous education, networking and training within the Wedding Industry.
- Our pricing is upfront and industry comparable.
- We always endeavour to benefit our client and not ourselves. Vendors are suggested on merit, in the best interests of the client, not ourselves or the vendor suggested.
- We can not guarantee your wedding will be perfect, but we can guarantee we will do everything within our power to make sure it is as close to perfection as it can be.
To learn more about the Institute or to read other WPIC members blogs, head on over to www.wpic.ca!